eSource refers to an electronic system that captures and manages clinical trial data electronically.
It is an alternative to the traditional paper-based approach where trial data is recorded on paper forms.
The Your Research eSource module can include electronic case report forms (eCRFs) that are used to collect clinical trial data directly from study participants or clinical trial sites.
Other electronic systems may also be used, such as electronic diaries, electronic informed consent forms, electronic medical records, and electronic laboratory data management systems depending on the specific study requirements.
Digitise your source
eSource encompasses a wide range of electronic data collection methods, including electronic health records (EHRs), electronic patient-reported outcome (ePRO) systems, wearable devices, and more.
Real-Time Data Capture
Your Research eSource enables the direct and immediate capture of data at the point of care or data generation, eliminating the need for manual transcription or data entry from paper-based records.
With eSource, data is recorded electronically in real-time during patient visits, procedures, or observations.
This feature improves data accuracy and timeliness, reduces the risk of data transcription errors, and allows for more efficient data collection and monitoring throughout the trial.
Source Data Verification (SDV)
eSource module includes built-in mechanisms for source data verification. SDV involves comparing the source data collected electronically with the corresponding source documents, such as medical records or lab reports.
This feature ensures data integrity by enabling clinical monitors and auditors to review and verify the accuracy and consistency of the data directly within the eSource system.
SDV in eSource reduces the need for on-site source data verification visits and streamlines the monitoring process.
Data Traceability and Audit Trails
The Your Research eSource module offers data traceability and audit trail functionalities.
These features track and document changes made to the electronic data throughout the study, including who made the changes, when they were made, and the reason for the modification.
Audit trails provide a comprehensive history of data entries, revisions, and any other relevant actions taken in the eSource system.
This feature enhances data transparency, facilitates regulatory compliance, and supports data integrity and accountability during the clinical trial.
Benefits and value
Enhance your research with eSource
Our eSource module accelerates data collection and supports more efficient study timelines.
Enhanced Data Accuracy and Integrity
eSource improves data accuracy and integrity by eliminating the need for manual data entry or transcription from paper-based records.
With eSource, data is captured directly at the point of care or data generation, reducing the risk of errors introduced during data transcription.
This leads to higher-quality data, reducing the need for data cleaning and improving the reliability of study results. Additionally, eSource includes built-in data validation checks and range checks, further enhancing data accuracy.
Improved Efficiency and Data Timeliness
Your Research’s eSource module enables real-time data capture, eliminating the delays associated with manual data entry or paper-based processes.
Data is recorded electronically as soon as it is generated, enabling faster data availability for monitoring, analysis, and decision-making.
This improves the efficiency of clinical trial processes, reduces turnaround time for data queries, and allows for proactive data management throughout the trial.
Streamlined Data Management and Monitoring
Our eSource facilitates streamlined data management and monitoring in clinical trials.
Electronic data captured through eSource can be easily integrated with other clinical trial systems, such as electronic data capture (EDC) systems or electronic health record (EHR) systems.
This integration reduces duplicate data entry, enhances data consistency, and improves overall data management efficiency.
Our eSource systems includes data traceability, audit trails, and remote data access, enabling real-time monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
Streamline your research with eSource
Discover how our eSource module optimises clinical trials and academic research, enhancing data collection and participant comprehension.
Integrate, secure, compliant
- System is compatible and integrates with existing technology infrastructure.
- Capable of integrating with other clinical trial systems such as electronic data capture (EDC) systems, electronic health record (EHR) systems, or laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
- Allows for seamless data transfer, which reduces duplicate data entry, and enables efficient data management across multiple systems.
- Has robust security measures to protect patient data, ensure data privacy, and meet regulatory requirements.
- This includes encryption of data, user authentication mechanisms, access controls, audit trails, and adherence to data privacy regulations: HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Complies with relevant data security standards and provide necessary documentation for regulatory audits. (GCP)
- User-friendly interface that is intuitive and easy to use.
- Designed to accommodate different types of users, including investigators, site staff, and patients.
- Provides clear instructions, logical data entry workflows, and features such as dropdown menus, checkboxes, and auto-population to simplify data entry.
- Includes support for multiple languages, accessibility for users with disabilities, and responsiveness across different devices and screen sizes.
Along the participant journey
With Your Research, you have the flexibility to utilize stand-alone modules, integrate them with your existing software vendors, or connect them to other modules within Your Research to enhance the participant journey.
Enhance your research processes
Contact us and we will be happy to show you how Your Research makes a difference in conducting clinical research, making research more efficient and personalised for everyone involved.